Cottage Le Verger
Cosy holiday home with Dutch people
Cottage in Normandy for 4 persons
Le Verger (orchard) owes its name to the apple cider orchard from which you can look out from the terrace at the picnic table. In spring with its beautiful blossom, in summer with the calves or cows walking around and in autumn with the beautiful apples.
We have refurbished this gîte ourselves (with some help) and since the summer of 2013 it is full in use. The calves used to walk here.
We kept as many old details as possible, such as the old woodwork and the manger that now serves as a bookshelf. As in gîte La Grange, we have also installed underfloor heating here: it draws the heat from the farm and makes both cottages pleasantly warm. In the colder months they are further heated with the wood-burning stove or electric.
The gîte is situated in the yard of our farm and is connected to la Grange.
Play endlessly outdoors
From the bedroom you can see the calves walking like this. Or take a closer look at them. Just like the cows, chickens and ponies on the farm. Of course you can also play with the dogs. In the morning go get fresh milk or pick up eggs with our children. Or enjoy the peace and quiet.
At the front of the cottage is the garden with trampoline, swing, slide and lots of grass. You can play there, with a swimming pool in the summer. And there is a picnic table, some sun loungers and relax chairs.
Holiday in France
An advantage of course is that we speak plain Dutch and could help you with the French language if necessary, we can always give you tips and information.
More information about this gîte or check availability directly?
Availability calendar :
GREEN = AVAILABLE
RED = BOOKED
price from 2023 : per week : per night :
High season (july-august) : 875 125
Mid season (april-june, september, and hollidays) : 630 90
Low season (remaining periods) : 525 75
- In low and mid season we can accommodate you even for a few days provided that it is a minimum of 2 nights.
- In principle, rentals are from Saturday to Saturday, but please contact us if you wish to rent something else.
- Price include water, electricity and internet.
- We ask a supplement for charging electric cars
- Price do not include tourist tax (0,80€ per adult per night)
- Once 50,00 € for the cleaning.
- Towel packages can be rented if required.
Ground floor :
- 1x double bed (180 x 200) with 2 pillows and duvet, made up (240 x 200)
- 2x single bed (90 x 200) (or convertible into a double bed) with pillow and duvet, made up (140 x 200)
- rental of bath towels
- wifi (free, but not fast and constant)
- radio with CD player
- fridge (with freezer compartment)
- microwave oven
- coffeemaker (filter)
- wood burner
- basket with lots of environmental information
- high chair and cot (free on request)
- picnic table for al fresco dining
- nice lounge chairs / loungers to sit in the sun
- Go-kart, pedal tractor and children’s bikes
- parking (free)
"We never really go back to the same addresses, but now we're in doubt."
Just back from a wonderful week in Gîte le Verger at Le Lieu Thomain in Bonnebosq. The kids had a good time on the farm, especially the trampoline and the two dogs were favorites. They enjoyed the peace and quiet of the yard. Furthermore, there is plenty to do in the neighborhood, beach at 20 minutes, nice villages / towns nearby, beautiful region. We actually never go back to the same addresses but now we doubt anyway. It is in any case highly recommended!